Hope this goes away soon...sigh...
Hope this goes away soon...sigh...
This really is the year when I met a lot of new online buddies, sisters and couple more friends who really are sincere in regularly visiting my blogs and giving me tags and awards. I apologize if I haven't post it yet but here I am, now showing off and letting other people know that though my PR is not good, I have a lot of good friends to share and dedicate my blog.
- Put the logo on your blog or post
- Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude
- Be sure to link your nominees within your post
- Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog
- Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received this award
Bhing - A Daily Dose of Anything
Shari - Shari's Gone Country
Shasha - Ako...I...IO
Bingkee - I Love/Hate America
Umma - Happy Moments...Happy Thoughts
Lea - Ocean of Perspectives
Thea - Bloggerhappy
Aline - Memoirs of Aline
Emm - Emm in London (thanks for following my blog ^_^)
Mara - Mara's Personal Bubble
On to the next one, I have seen this award a couple of times from other bloggers and I thought it was also good to receive one and then it came! Thank you very much Bhing of Your Daily Dose of Anything for giving this to me and for always calling me "Ate".
The kids and I head out to the mall one day to attend a birthday party. I happened to almost forgot the day and I still haven't bought a gift so we went straight in the department store and checked on some items for babies and toddlers. I don't know what to choose. For a one year old child, I can't think of what to give him. Will it be a toy for him to play or some children's books for her mom to read to him? Well, I opted to buy both. The toy will be Elysia's gift and the book will be Scieszka's gift to Gabriel. He is their cousin anyway.
On our way home, we need to pass through the bridge from one side of the mall to the other and just as we got off the escalator, the younger twin, Elysia saw a play room and insisted to get inside. But it was already too late and I still need to work at home that day. In short, I said "No, we'll visit there next time." It was those words that triggered her to cry out very loud and roll over the floor! It was very embarrassing! The people around us started to look at us as if I was the worst mom in the world for letting my child act like that!
A week before that incident happened, I visited a dentist and while waiting for my turn, was able to read an article about children's tantrums. There are a few notes there that really helped me snap out of that commotion and really, it pays to read.
Here are the helpful things I've learned from that magazine:
- Parents should not be embarrassed when their child act in public.
- Tantrums is a way for a child to express his feelings. It doesn't mean his a bad child.
- Parents should not be guilty about the tantrum and should not feel that he was not able to raise his child properly.
- Tantrum is not a measurement of a child's attitude. The child is still coping up with those kinds of emotion and as parent, we should help them.
- Children throw tantrums for a reason so don't feel frustrated. Identify the cause and act accordingly.
Ways to handle a tantrum:
- Be calm, do not get overly frustrated about the situation. Parents should be calm first so they will be able to deal with the situation properly. The worst a parent could do is have a temper over their own child's tantrum. It just shows you, yourself are not in control.
- Do not attempt to converse to a child who is in the middle of showing off nor physically deal with him. Let him calm down a little, then start talking. Show empathy to your child's feelings. Say something like "I know you are frustrated for not getting what you want, I understand. We can talk about it at when you are calm".
- Do not reward the tantrum. If the child wants something and it's impossible to have, don't give in to what he wants. Giving in is as good as telling the child that he can do the tantrum next time.
- Check if there are things that might injure the child during the tantrum and take them away. This is to make sure the child won't get hurt while doing his act.
- When the tantrum is over, discuss the matter to your child. It is very important for the child to be aware that such act is not acceptable especially in public. Make the child understand that he can not always have what he wants.
I almost reacted violently hadn't I read this article. When I was in my early stages of motherhood and I see a child throwing a tantrum in public, my reaction would always be that it was the parents' fault. Now, I understand it isn't. For there are things we can't fully understand unless we are that situation. Another lesson learned.
Something incredible has arrived!
Visit this site to join www.me2everyone.com/30599
Now, for the rules of the game:
1. Go to your Picture Folder or wherever you store your photos in your PC
2. Go to the 6th folder and pick the 6th picture
3. Post this on your blog and the story that goes with that picture
4. Tag 5 bloggers by leaving them a comment on their blogs and telling them about the tag
I am now tagging Aline, Umma, Cecile, Mara, Rose
Let's see what you have in your album =)
Why Favoritism Happens?
- Child's Attitude - differences in each child's temperament. It sometimes irritates the parents if a child has a difficult temper, having frequent tantrums and reacting violently over small things.
- Parent's Expectations - be it talent, interests or things that parents like for their children. One child always fits the parent's expectation. It can also be about physical appearance or if a parent expects the opposite gender for a child.
- Child's Health - the sickly child gets more attention than the healthier one or vice versa.
- Life Event - the child was conceived unexpectedly. An "unwanted child" as others would want to call it.
How Favoritism Affects the Child?
- Self-Esteem - the unfavored child will most likely feel that he is not being accepted. And while the unfavored child seem to suffer from having low self-esteem, the favored child might develop over confidence that may possibly lead to arrogance.
- Fairness - the unfavored child is most likely to receive rewards for doing something that satisfies the parent while the favored child is receiving rewards for no particular reason. The child could feel that the world is unfair.
- Peer Relationship - the favored child who is always receiving something for nothing might expect that the world will be just the same as the parents and that he will always get what he wants but hey, reality says "no". The child could develop problem when relating to his peers. This could also be the same for the unfavored child as he is always seeing the world to be unfair, the child could think that other people are just the same as the parents.
- Sibling Relationship - of course, favoritism could result to sibling rivalry. One would always protect his favored status and thus, will work hard to retain it. The unfavored child could do the same to get some attention. Children will always find a way to prove themselves to their parents which could often result to anxiety or insecurity.
How To Avoid Favoritism
- Acceptance - children has differences and parents should acknowledge that one child could exactly be different than the other.
- Love - parents love their children. Setting the balance is the problem. Learn to love each other the way the want to be loved and accepted for they are different.
- Unique - learn to discover the unique identity of your child and acknowledge it. Discover each of their interests, hobbies and skills and relate to them individually.
- Time - have some time with each child alone to develop your relationship with each other.
- Praise - acknowledge child accomplishment but avoid over praising.
- Listen - listen when other people tells you that you are playing favorites or when your child approach you regarding favoritism concerns. Do not presume that you are doing well as a parent. We always make mistakes.
- Lastly, stop, think a hundred times before you react. Parents reaction to situations could often affect the relationship with the children.
They just keep on coming!
Wow! Mine is a cool blog? Thanks for really appreciating all the entries I've made in this blog. I promise to have more interesting posts in the next couple of days. The rule is to share this award but for now, I will keep it for myself (selfish?). Naah, I just want it mine for sometime but I will definitely share this soon....
This will just be a short note to let everyone know I'm back!
I'm still catching up for the things I've missed last week. Got tons of emails that I have to attend to. My Adgitize leaderboard rank also dropped since I can't do the daily publisher clicks - oh well. Just when I can finally climb up the leaderboard. Anyway, there is always next time.
So for now, let me catch up for the things I failed to do last week for there are too many of them.
I was supposed to post an entry about the payment I received from Adgitize when I happen to read a comment from a fellow blogger stating that I have a blog award. So I opted to post for this first since I have been wanting someone to send me this award for some time *wink wink*
Yeah! I received another blog award and it is my second just this January. It came from Solar Girl. Actually, she was just a recent visitor of this blog but she liked my entries and I really really appreciate her sharing this award to me. Thank you very much for this.
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add those links to your blog
5. Leave a message for your nominees in their blogs
Memoirs of Aline
Happy Moment...Happy Thoughts
I Love/Hate America
Down Home with the Kenyons
Ocean of Perspectives
Obstacles and Glories
I am still in euphoria for the You Make My Day Award and the PR1. I actually don't want to make a post on this blog today so I can save it for tomorrow but I can't make a post on the Wedding Gazette for now since I am still editing the pictures to be posted (Tinee, read - I am already editing the pics, yey!). So for now, allow me to take this post as another opportunity to thank those who have visited my site and dropped ECs. Here are my Top 10 EC droppers for December:
It is already working day tomorrow and I might slow down a bit to concentrate on my day job but I assure you all I will have more posts to come.
Do watch out for the Dorado-Del Rosario nuptials on cover of The Wedding Gazette. It is not my event though but I was there as a guest and I already have the permission of the picture-addict bride, Tinee (peace, sis!)to blog about her wedding.
That's it for today - off to cook!
Finally, after 4 months, Blog Appetite is now Page Rank 1!
from Lea - Ocean of Perspective
Bhing - Make Money Online
Vlad - Stalking Minds
Fedhz - Home Buddies
Jan - Sa Labas ng Mandaluyong
Nino - Style Anywhere
Bill - My Piece of Paradise
Roger - (no link available)
Lob Eng - Open Source of Dating Ideas
Warren - Loan with Mortgage for Sure
Cecil - Down Home with the Kenyons
Joyce Emor - Travel News
Blissful Weddings Philippines
Bingkee - I Love/Hate America
Taripres - Paid to Make Money
Mara - Mara's Personal Bubble
Chubskulit - Rose's Obstacles and Glories
Abby - Abby's Musings
New Year Comments
Myspace Comments - Upload Photos